[chuck-users] GUI builders?

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:55:36 EDT 2014

Hello Peter,

Another common pattern for interacting with ChucK is to receive MIDI
or preferably OSC messages in your ChucK script.

That way you can drive it with MIDI controllers, or OSC controllers
like the monome, or software that sends MIDI, or software that sends
OSC (e.g. IanniX, ControlOSC, TouchOSC).  There are a bunch of
examples here (although LiCK stuff is more object-oriented-y than
typical ChucK examples)

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/tree/master/examples

For simple GUIs, I typically use Processing with either the MidiBus or
rtmidi library for MIDI or the oscP5 library for OSC.

http://processing.org
http://www.smallbutdigital.com/themidibus.php
https://github.com/heuermh/rwmidi
http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/oscP5