[chuck-users] GUI builders?

Andrew Monks andrew at andrewmonks.net
Thu Sep 11 15:37:24 EDT 2014

I've honestly never really kept track of memory use. I've had some
Processing stuff run slowly, but only because I've added visualization
that would be impossible/super hard in Pd/Max. That's usually when I
migrate again to OpenFrameworks...

Also:

My last message was somewhat misleading: you don't have to think about
an event loop in Processing either.

Still, I personally find there's less mental overhead involved in
using Pd/Max for UI-type stuff. I expect you'll find the same, since
you're already accustomed to using Pd.

Having said that, definitely check out Processing (or a similar tool
like OpenFrameworks, which I'm really into) if you're at all
interested in generating graphics or video (maybe even based on events
sent by your audio tool). I find that kind of thing really fun to work
with.