[chuck-users] Forgetting parenthesis in function calls yields no error

Stefan Blixt stefan.blixt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:21:18 EDT 2014

Hello list!

I just spent a little time scratching my head over these little functions:

fun void startRecording() {
<<< "Record! ", index >>>;
true => lisaLeft.record;
true => lisaRight.record;
}

fun void toggle() {
!active => active;
paintActive();
if (active) {
startRecording;

Everything seemed to be in order, I added a lot of print statements, and
could for the life of me figure out why the startRecording function wasn't
executed from toggle(). There was no error message, everything seemed to be
in order. Then I peered more closely and saw that I had forgotten to put
parenthesis in the function call:

startRecording();

After that everything started working. My question is: shouldn't a function
name all by itself result in an error of some kind?

Cheers,

Stefan Blixt

--
Release me, insect, or I will destroy the Cosmos!