[chuck-users] WvOut sample size (????????? ????????)

јеромонах Виталије vitalije at kviziracija.net
Mon Jan 26 08:03:33 EST 2015

Thank you Michael Heuer, for your reply. I have already installed jackd
and QJackCtl, but I am not so happy with it. It is much easer to work
with ChucK compiled to use alsa and just start one single program (*
chuck) than to wary about starting jackd, controlling it... Very likely
I am missing something about jack but I have never made it to work
smoothly. There were always some troubles with applications that utilize
sound card when I run jack server, so I gave up.

On the other hand, I don't understand why ChucK can not use sound card
as any other application on my computer. For example: command line mp3
player mpg321 can play a mp3-file simultaneously with other programs. I
can start several mpg321 commands from terminal and there will be no
complains about hardware device being used. The same is with other
audio/video players on my computer. None of them requires exclusively
access to sound card hardware, and they all can cooperate smoothly. I
would like very much if ChucK could do so.

Vitalije