[chuck-users] Debugging Segmentation fault: 11

Gonzalo gonzalo at dense13.com
Tue Jan 27 15:31:46 EST 2015

Hi,

On a project I'm working on, I sometimes get a "Segmentation fault: 11"
error, and the program crashes. But I can't figure out when it happens,
and cannot reproduce it. It's a big project, with many components
communicating via events, and I have no idea who's triggering the
problem. My question is how would you go about debugging this? Any ideas
what can be triggering it? It sounds very generic...

Probably unrelated, but just in case, I also got this (only once so far):

chuck(22226,0x7fff790ee310) malloc: *** error for object 0x1028f3408:
incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after
being freed.
Abort trap: 6

Thanks!
Gonzalo