[chuck-users] reading random sample

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:14:50 EST 2015

I haven't done this in a while, so I don't have the code at my fingertips,
but I used to read in sound files and then 'preheat' them by accessing at
least one sample.  This would force them to get paged in, and (if you had
enough physical memory) would reduce the overhead when you actually went to
access them.