[chuck-users] is shred running? (Atte)

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Sun Mar 15 10:33:01 EDT 2015

On 03/15/2015 02:24 PM, Robert Poor wrote:
> Within the shred's main processing loop, you compare the value of
> _phoneme_handle against "me", and stop processing if they differ.

Nice idea, thanks!

However, I find it highly in-elegant that the sporkee must care about
stuff like this. I'd really prefer for an outside sporker to be able to
pull the plug, with each process is as generic as possible. Like how the
operating system of my computer handles the switching of all processes,
without the different programs having to listen for a "now it's time to
terminate" signal.

That aside. it sounds like an idea worth pursuing if anything else fails...

Thanks again for the input!
--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk