[chuck-users] is shred running? (Atte)

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:43:31 EDT 2015

Atte:

> I find it highly in-elegant that the sporkee must care about stuff like
this

True, but if you start thinking about all the potential edge, you may
conclude that the sporkee needs to be involved.  If you want a longer
description of why I structured the code this way, it was inspired by my
experience in Java:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/concurrency/threadPrimitiveDeprecation.html

HTH.

- Rob