[chuck-users] all pass filters

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:13:10 EST 2015

Hello,

I've been reading about various variable delay effects and reverbs
recently, and as I don't understand the math and sometimes not even the
terminology, I feel a bit lost.

E.g.
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/DelayVar/Flanging.html
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/DelayVar/Phasing_First_Order_Allpass_Filters.html
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/DelayVar/Phasing_2nd_Order_Allpass_Filters.html
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/Reverb/A_Schroeder_Reverberator_called.html

As far as I can tell ChucK doesn't have some of the primitives (1st or 2nd
order allpass filters, feedforward comb-filters, multitap delay) necessary
for implementing these, just the STK implementations such as JCRev.

I have an approximation here
https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/lick/effect/APF.ck

and used it here
https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/lick/effect/LoopReverb.ck

It seems to be doing something reverb-ish but I'm not sure what the APF
delay values should be.

Can anyone point me in the right direction (to code and/or reading
material)?

Thanks,

   michael