[chuck-users] writing to fifo from chuck

Forrest Curo treegestalt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:25:04 EDT 2015

Something I've been doing from pd: writing a line (or more) of text to a
fifo and letting csound read that in as score lines.

Trying the same from chuck -- I find that I can write text to a normal
file. When I send the same text to a fifo, nothing happens. If I don't
close the fifo chuck merely freezes; if I do close it at the end of each
line, chuck continues to receive midi notes but csound doesn't get anything
from the other end.

Do I need to open the fifo in 'WRITE_ONLY mode"? Will try now.

Other thoughts?