[chuck-users] writing to fifo from chuck

Forrest Curo treegestalt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:29:49 EDT 2015

Basically, to use OSC protocol I end up needing a finicky listening routine
in the csound program, with all sorts of complications about starting &
stopping notes from the messages... while the -L command line option lets
me feed lines directly through the operating system into the score, with
csound handling the subsequent timing automatically. So it depends what you
mean by 'easier.'

Chuck does seems like a pretty heavy-duty program to use as a midi-timer;
last night I worked out a short python script that seems to do the job; but
chuck -- if it had the right file-handling capabilities -- is more
specifically designed for coordinating a musical process, and might work
better. I dunno.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Casper Schipper <casper.schipper at gmail.com