[chuck-users] [Announce] MAL implementation

Spencer Salazar spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sun Aug 21 19:55:36 EDT 2016

Hi Vasilij,

This is an interesting project; thanks for writing up your experiences with
using ChucK to implement a Lisp interpreter. As you've discovered, this
sort of project is definitely outside the intended use cases of ChucK, so
its helpful to see where outside those use cases it breaks down. For the
most part your critiques are correct; we're still actively developing the
language further to address many of these issues.

spencer

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Vasilij Schneidermann <
v.schneidermann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I forgot to mention that in order to write almost three thousand lines
> of ChucK code, I've written a new major mode for Emacs as I haven't been
> happy with the existing one: https://github.com/wasamasa/chuck-mode
>
> Cheers
> Vasilij

Spencer Salazar
Doctoral Candidate
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics
Stanford University

spencer at ccrma.stanford.edu
+1 831.277.4654
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~spencer/