[chuck-users] Midi time problem

Gonzalo gonzalo at dense13.com
Thu Dec 8 18:27:04 EST 2016

I found this:

"...the MIDI specification has different parts. One part describes MIDI
"wire" protocol (messages sent between devices in real time), and
another part describes Standard MIDI Files (messages stored as events in
"sequences"). In the latter part of the specification, each event stored
in a standard MIDI file is tagged with a timing value that indicates
when that event should be played. By contrast, messages in MIDI wire
protocol are always supposed to be processed immediately, as soon as
they're received by a device, so they have no accompanying timing values".

(https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/sound/MIDI-messages.html)

Might suggest there's no problem with the MidiMsg. Maybe it's a Cubase
issue? Someone suggested it's a Midi TimeCode issue, but I know nothing
about that. I'll keep looking, but if anybody has any more info that'll
be very welcome.

Gonzalo

http://dense13.com
http://www.whole-play.com