[chuck-users] Extending Chugens and Chubgraphs

Michał Poręba michalporeba at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:08:58 EDT 2016

Hello,

I was experimenting with creating instruments to use in ChucK. I have
created functions which I use with spork~, classes, then discovered
Chugens, Chubgraphs and Chugins. At the moment I don't want to go the
Chugins root to avoid the need for recompiling. I'd rather focus on Chugens
and Chubraphs which appear to be exactly what I need.

The problem is I struggle to find more documentation than
chuck.standford.edu/extend/ and that's not a lot. From the examples I know
that in a class extending from Chugen two variables are available: second
and samp. Is there a way listing other such internal variables? Are there
any more functions one can overwrite other than the tick(float in)?

Any references or information, or more advanced examples of extending
Chubgraphs and Chugens would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Michal