[chuck-users] anybody still use this thing?

Vasilij Schneidermann v.schneidermann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:46:49 EDT 2016

Hello Colton,

I've written a Lisp interpreter in ChucK [1] and went through the
parsing stage, among other obstacles.  String manipulation is indeed a
bit weird, perhaps you're running into a bug where a substring cannot be
cut out until the end of a string [2].

If you can get away with it, I recommend using regular expressions to
capture a single token, add it to an array of tokens and move forward in
the input by its length until the end of input.  In this case you might
be able to reuse my code.  Otherwise you'll need to write a lexer from
scratch, for this Jack Crenshaw's compiler tutorial [3] might be useful.
Good luck with your endeavor!

[1]: https://lists.cs.princeton.edu/pipermail/chuck-users/2016-August/008110.html
[2]: https://github.com/ccrma/chuck/issues/55
[3]: http://www.compilers.iecc.com/crenshaw/