[chuck-users] anybody still use this thing?

Colton Hill colton-hill2014 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:44:00 EDT 2016

it's a shame that the dependencies for that setup are linux only, I use windows.

On 9/6/2016 9:51 PM, Michael Heuer wrote:
Hello Colton,

Looks like a good start!  Imports/includes are not so great in ChucK.  In LiCK, I've resorted to a big import.ck<http://import.ck> file

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/import.ck

There are a lot of functional-ish classes in LiCK, if you wanted to pass around play functions as objects.

class MmlParser
{
  Play @ play;

  // ... parse stuff, spork ~ play.play(freq, nlength, qlength, vol), ...
}

class Play // "abstract" class, since there are no interfaces in ChucK
{
  fun void play(float freq, dur nlength, dur qlength, float vol)
  {
    // empty

class PlayNote extends Play
{
  SinOsc sin => ADSR adsr => dac;

  fun void play(float freq, dur nlength, dur qlength, float vol)
  {
    freq => sin.freq;
    vol => sin.gain;
    1 => adsr.keyOn;