[chuck-users] phase modulation and hard sync?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 02:34:19 EDT 2017

> It's not easy to explain, but you found the magic number/formula that
> makes Frequency modulation sound like Phase Modulation.

Actually, I shouldn't have said this, I don't wanna give you the idea it
comes down to this, but there are just too many details I didn't want get
into, sorry. What I can say is that you got pretty close, not 100% there
yet, and that is not as simple as just doing this every time, it gets more
complicated.

Sorry again for not getting into the math and everything. What I'd like to
add is that people use phase modulation instead of trying to replicate it
via frequency modulation cause it's just more convenient to do directly via
phase modulation if you want it to behave like that.

cheers