[chuck-users] phase modulation and hard sync?

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 03:24:40 EDT 2017

Hi Alexandre,

about FM and PM (probably my reply is late!), here's a simple
implementation using oscillators with sync(0):

/// m = mod osc;  c = carrier osc;//
//SinOsc m => Gain g => SinOsc c => dac;//
//Step cm => g; //cm = carrier freq in Hz//
//
//
//while( true ){//
//    modInd(10, 250); //arg: modInd, freq mod //
//    cm.next(500);////carrier frequency
//    second => now;//
//}//
//
//fun void modInd( float i, float f ){ //arg: modInd, freq mod//
//    float am; //
//
//    i*f => am; //(modInd = Am/Fm), then (Am = modInd*Fm)//
//    m.freq(f);//
//    m.gain(am);//
//}/

this is the simplest modulation, that usually is considered as FM, but
in the end is a PM.

without going into details, what's happening is:

FM (t)=sin(ω c t +Φ c + I sin (ω m t +Φ m ))

with ω c = carrier freq, ω m = mod freq, Φ = phase

Cheers,
Mario