[chuck-users] what exactly is tuned feedback?

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:22:12 EDT 2017

All,

The Dave Smith DSM03 Feedback module has what is described as tuned feedback

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/dsm03-feedback-module/

I have the same question as was posted here

"I'm trying to understand what 'tuned feedback' means -- does this mean the
signal enters a delay line that lasts one cycle of a certain pitch? (So,
say, a 50Hz sound is a 20ms delay line.) Does this end up reinforcing that
pitch when you hear the sound? (I guess it would reinforce multiples of the
pitch too, but less so.)"

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1673572&sid=ae6a060ebaffea267114c1b6b5edde68#p1673572

Thanks!

   michael