[chuck-users] chuck 1.4.0.0, global keyword.

Dana Batali dana.batali at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:16:33 EDT 2018

Hi Jack and thank you for your response!

Indeed the external keyword doesn't produce a syntax error, so that's a
sign that miniAudicle is a bit behind the times.

Regarding builds, I have been building out of the master branch and am
continuing to investigate why the global keyword is producing a syntax
error in my own mainline builds.  If I replace global with external, i see

 [test.ck]:line(1): 'external' keyword is deprecated. please use 'global'

So something good is happening.  That said, the following .ck file, taken
from the chunity paper, doesn't compile: