[chuck-users] [chuck-users new user: silly questions

Casper Schipper casper.schipper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 04:46:52 EST 2018

Dear Sheri,

Yes, that is the manual I used.

Regarding command line chuck, I assume you are on Linux ? Because I think,
on the other platforms the installer has both command line and mini-audicle
included in one installer.

It doesn't matter so much, I would say: chuck code itself is for the most
part exactly the same: for example, all the code examples run in both cmd
line chuck and mini-audicle. The difference is that with mini-audicle you
get syntax highlighting and you can add/replace/remove shreds using
buttons, which you may find easier depending on your preference. Setting up
your sound card in mini-audicle is also a bit easier, I think.

happy chucking!
Casper

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:13 AM, tth <sigfood at dinorama.fr> wrote:

> On 01/15/2018 12:47 PM, Casper Schipper wrote:
>
>> Dear Sheri,
>>
>> I think the basic documentation "ChucK_manual.pdf" that one gets when you
>> download chuck is actually rather good, for me, the clarity of that manual
>> is what actually got me hooked many years ago.
>>

>    This file ?
>       http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/files/chuck_manual.pdf

Casper Schipper
casper.schipper at gmail.com