[chuck-users] static strings and the future

Joel Matthys jwmatthys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:46:06 EST 2018

Hi.

It would be good to hear from the devs about what ChucK is up to right
now, but I want to point out that development hasn't stopped. The GitHub
source code repo shows quite a few changes were just checked in,
including what appears to be a new "chuck-engine-2017." I just pulled
the changes and I'm curious to read the source code and see if there's
are new features or a performance bump.

I would say that there is a need for improved documentation--always a
huge problem in FOSS--and the recent Kadenze courses and book are a move
in the right direction. It would be really nice to have some updates
from the devs and a way to build the community around ChucK. Maybe
that's more on us than the devs.

Joel