[chuck-users] Chugin/Faust issue

Casper Schipper casper.schipper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 05:47:48 EDT 2018

Hi Mario,

Cannot say with 100% certainty, but it could be that Faust is including a
slightly older version of chuck_dl.h when building the chugin ?
Chugins built with Version 1.3.6.0 are no longer compatable with 1.4.0.0, I
also had to recompile my own chugins because of this.

Best,
Casper

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM, mario buoninfante <
mario.buoninfante at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm having issue with a chugin generated with faust2ck. I'm on a 64bit
> Linux machine (Ubuntu Studio 16.04) and I created a simple *sample and
> hold* component in Faust (SampleAndHold.dsp that contains *declare name
> "SampleAndHold"**;*) and then turned it into a chugin using faust2ck.
> everything seems fine, my *SampleAndHold.chug* is generated, but
> unfortunately I cannot use it in ChucK (console: *undefined type
> 'SampleAndHold'...*) . I copied it into the chugin folder and also tried
> launching ChucK with -gSampleAndHold .
>
> does anyone have any experience with faust2ck? am I missing something?
>

> cheers,
>
> Mario

Casper Schipper
casper.schipper at gmail.com