[chuck-users] ChucK FLOSS - MIDI reference

Spencer Salazar spencer.salazar at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:49:10 EDT 2018

The main difference between the two is that when I was looking to use
MidiRW, it didnt/doesn't actually work and is just a shell around an
unimplemented interface, so MidiFileIn was added, which mostly just maps to
STK's implementation.

Spencer

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 9:54 AM, Juan Reyes <juanigrp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael, Mario,
>
> Thanks a lot for the links. Need to try these classes, they look cleaner.
>
> MidiFileIn inherits from STK also (sorry Gary but thanks!).
>
> Not so sure about MidiRW either. Looks like it has methods to open,
> close, read and write MIDI files. Seems to me that it is also used in
> conjunction with MidiMsg. I guess its usage might be like opening and
> manipulating audio files.
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   -- Juan
>

>> LiCK contains NoteOn/NoteOff/ControlChangeMidiMsg classes that
>> extend MidiMsg and hide some of the details.
>>
>> https://github.com/heuermh/lick/tree/master/lick/midi
>>
>> Here's an example of how they might be used
>>
>> https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/master/lick/midi/AnimoogMidi.ck#L104

Spencer Salazar, PhD
Special Faculty
Music Technology: Interaction, Intelligence, and Design
California Institute of the Arts

ssalazar at calarts.edu | +1 831.277.4654
https://spencersalazar.com