[chuck-users] Chunity - RunCode() vs RunFile() affecting the stereo image

Luis Bergmann luisbergmann at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:31:56 EST 2018

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the information about Chunity inner workings, I was indeed
calling RunFile on a ChuckSubInstance, so that's is why the output was mono
only.

I actually did not even considered or thought possible sending directly to
ChuckMainInstance, as I learned the steps through the Chunity tutorial. I
did a quick test with RunFile calling a ChuckMainInstance with GetComponent
and it did work perfectly in stereo this time. That's is great as the
RunFile method seems preferable to a Machine.add inside a RunCode.

The reason I wanted to use panning on a ChuckSubInstance is that I was
calling various ChucK files that were part of a music composition, and one
of these was a synth part that had a wider panning randomization. So my
workaround was calling a Machine.add inside a RunCode.

Best,

Luis