[chuck-users] FLOSS Manual update

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 06:37:27 EDT 2019

Hi,

I just added 2 chapters (and updated an existing one), to the ChucK
FLOSS manual (https://en.flossmanuals.net/chuck
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fen.flossmanuals.net%2Fchuck%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2B-M1MzHPF47tY3F35IL0vf_mNftflXgXhMZ6-Z2r96C8xA7o80ch-veg&h=AT0sIBlGxQUXB0tBfseuLvvdbZQH0gOKWMfULe4FC-OuTeDk7PPu6X219G9uaodxNlvKDuOhmHikkP1ZffTirAP4pgfK_Hu1gejrJQXXkjJKhhNFSI7abUGulljL_JGXDpz-Bd1UQiXOHpg>).

  * Array Object Functions
  * String Object Functions
  * Other Objects Reference (added FileIO and SeriaIO)

There's still 'some' work to do to make the FLOSS manual really
comprehensive, but we'll eventually get there
Next step would probably be a bit of text formatting. Especially in the
various 'reference' sections, there are too many 'styles'.
Just a quick note about the FLOSS manual and ChucK documentation in general.
What I always found difficult (especially at the begin of my adventure
with ChucK), was the fact the the documentation wasn't centralized.
There are plenty of places on the internet where you can find bits and
bops, but none is really comprehensive (some are outdated, some just
incomplete, and so on).
I believe ChucK is now mature enough and needs a fully comprehensive
(and official) documentation. The FLOSS manual could help with that (my
personal opinion, open for discussions :) ).
Wouldn't be easier if there was THE place where all the documentation is?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
In the meanwhile, give me a shout if you wanna help with the FLOSS
manual, there's still plenty to do :P

Cheers,
Mario

--
Electronic Musician, Creative Coder, QA Engineer
https://vimeo.com/creativecodingsalerno