[chuck-users] trackpad problem

Brad Garton garton at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 20 20:12:25 EDT 2019

I had this problem with my (sadly now defunct, as of a month ago!) 2011 MBP
after years of use.  You can try:

1.  Resetting the System Management Controller.  Shut down your Mac, be
sure the power cable is plugged in, then press (left side)
Shift-Control-Option and power-on keys all at the same time.  Hold for
about 5-10 secs, and reboot if it doesn't automatically (I can't recall if
it does).

2.  Reset the the PRAM/NVRAM.  Shut down your Mac.  Push the power-on key
and hold down Command-Option and the "P" and "R" keys and hold them while
the machine boots.

3.  It may be a battery issue.  The older batteries used to swell up when
they got tired, and it may be pushing on the back of your trackpad.

hope this helps --

brad