[chuck-users] Why is my code doing this?

Joel Matthys jwmatthys at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 02:29:56 EST 2019

Hey Forrest.

I messed around for a long time with your code before it finally struck me:
You connected your AdditivePartials to the dac too soon!
In your code you connect this=>dac when the AdditivePartials are instantiated, but you don't set gain and freq until you spork~ play.
So when you pass the first 0.5::second => now, Additive b is sounding at full gain on default settings.
If you move this => dac from the init function to the top of the play function, all is well. You should probably add this =< dac at the end of your play function too.
Joel
Sent from Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/1546499923.local-a2481a69-52f7-v1.5.4-1d923cf4@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=Y2h1Y2stdXNlcnNAbGlzdHMuY3MucHJpbmNldG9uLmVkdQ%3D%3D), the best free email app for work