[chuck-users] two similar shreds with different results

Charlie taos.points at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 08:58:59 EST 2019

Hey folks, I'm puzzled why these two shreds don't make the same sound. I
created a simple bit crusher using an integer as an index and then using
time as an index; I thought these were equivalent but they aren't. I wonder
if this is because the integer increments at a  different rate than the
sampling rate? Any guidance on this gratefully received! Thanks,

Charlie

First shred:
//---------------------------------------------

SinOsc s => dac;

110 => s.freq;

0 => int i;

250 => int iMax;

0 => int jCount;

while (true) {

i++;

// if (i%130 == 0 || i%201 ==0 || i% 737 == 0) 0 =>s.gain;

    if (i%iMax > jCount ) 0.0 =>s.gain;

jCount++;

if (jCount > iMax) 0 => jCount;

// 1::samp => now;