[chuck-users] Miniaudicle preferences error

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 13:11:41 EDT 2019

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not a Mac user, and I don't really know what could
cause that. Only thing I can do is offering you an alternative to
MiniAudicle, while someone more qualified than me (a C++ programmer
basically :) ) replies to your question,

I usually work with Atom+PlatformIO+"ChucK package" (once you've got
Atom, you can install the other two from its preferences). PlatformIO
allows you to use the terminal(s) from within Atom, and the ChucK
package offers you the syntax highlighting. I've also added a sort of
"auto-complete" function to the ChucK package, that you can find here:
https://github.com/mariobuoninfante/language-chuck

I know it's not the same that using MiniAudicle, but I have to say I
found it more powerful.

MiniAudicle is brilliant don't get me wrong, but apart from the
dedicated functions to deal with launching/stopping/replacing shreds
(things you can do from terminal as well), I think it lacks from the
point of view of IDE/text editor features.

That said, that's simply my personal opinion, and I know didn't answer
your question at all, but I thought could be useful.

Cheers,

Mario