[chuck-users] Is there a way to run chuck to just check syntax?

Forrest Cahoon forrest.cahoon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 22:23:29 EDT 2019

I'm looking at trying to add more to my ChucK vscode extension, and I'd
love to be able to run chuck on the code being edited so that I can parse
and highlight the errors.

However, I don't know how you would run chuck to just generate syntax
errors. I see there is a --silent switch, which would work for the purpose,
but would be an unnecessary waste of resources just to get the possible
syntax errors.

Csound has a --syntax-check-only command-line option. Is there something
like this for ChucK? If not, would it be straightforward to add one?

Forrest