[chuck-users] ChucK Ubuntu package

Hugh Rawlinson hughr2005 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:42:56 EDT 2019

Hi,

I worked on this once - https://github.com/hughrawlinson/chuck-debian

There are two major hurdles:
1. The technical work of actually packaging ChucK in a deb, and the
automating the CI to build a deb for some build matrix so that binaries are
compatible across a variety of systems, debian, ubuntu, other derivatives
2. EITHER Getting the `chuck` package name in the ubuntu and debian and
other applicable package repositories (
https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/chuck), which involves some emails to
maintainers and finding people to commit to maintaining it, OR creating and
maintaining ChucK's own repository.

@Spencer - if hurdle #1 was done for you, would you do hurdle #2?