[chuck-users] June 8th: Stanford Laptop Orchestra @ Bing Concert Hall

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.stanford.edu
Wed May 22 14:07:43 EDT 2019

Greetings fellow ChucKians!  For those in the SF Bay Area...
(much ChucK-mediated mayhem will be afoot!)

     2019: A SLOrk Odyssey — A Concert of New Frontiers
     http://slork.stanford.edu/events/2019/spring/

The Stanford Laptop Orchestra (SLOrk) will present new works for the
full ensemble in Bing Concert Hall on Saturday, June 8th. You are warmly
invited to an evening of music made at the intersection of humans,
computers, hemispherical speaker arrays, new instruments, and novel
musical spaces. This year, SLOrk will explore a number of new frontiers,
including computer-mediated paper puppetry, SLOrk musical lanterns
(slanterns), a computer music assimilation of Star Trek, a musical
journey in VR, a sonic contemplation of plastic in our world,
soundscapes in feedback, the very first laptop opera (laptopera), and more.

There will be a pre-concert talk by director Ge Wang on the topic of
designing instruments for laptop orchestra, starting at 6:45pm. The
concert will begin at 7:30pm.

This event is FREE and OPEN to all.

      2019: A SLOrk Odyssey
      Saturday, June 8 | Bing Concert Hall, Stanford University
        |- 6:45pm: Pre-concert talk by director Ge Wang
        |          "Designing Instruments for Laptop Orchestra"
        |- 7:30pm: Concert

Bring family, friends, enemies; join us for a computer music odyssey!

on behalf of SLOrk,
Ge, Matt, Trijeet, Jack

~~~
Ge Wang
Associate Professor
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Department of Music (also Computer Science, by Courtesy)
Stanford University
https://www.gewang.com/
~
Co-founder, Smule
~
Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime!
-- what we make, makes us --
https://artful.design/
~~~