[chuck-users] Error in Console

Daniel Cooper cooper_rts at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 04:18:23 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

This might seem like a very basic question, though I’m getting an error in the Console that makes it impossible for me to use MiniAudicle:

“[chuck]: (DirectSound) error (Generic error) creating input buffer (Default Device)!
[chuck]:(2:SYSTEM): | | | cannot initialize audio device (use --silent/-s for non-realtime)”

I’ve tried everything I could find online, and it seems my audio drivers are working. The program worked just fine on my old computer, but I have no idea how to get around this on my new computer. Has anyone come across this before?

I’m using version 1.4.0.1, Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Daniel