[chuck-users] webchuck and osc

Mícheál Ó Catháin micheal.ocathain at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:01:41 EDT 2020

hi there,

Webchuck is such an excellent development - thanks for all the work that
has gone into this by Jack (and others I'm sure).  Hopefully I'll be able
to contribute in some way in future, after getting up the learning curve a
bit more!

I have a question about using OSC with webchuck...

I have a .ck script running on my local machine, using OSC to emit messages
every X samples of a .wav file played by a SndBuf.
These OSC messages are received by a webpage on my local machine.
For this receiver I am running the page using node.js, and...
* https://github.com/automata/osc-web
* socket.io

Locally, this works fine - as I play the .wav file via ChucK on
MiniAudicle, the webpage at localhost:3000 displays the OSC messages as I'd
expect.

However when I try to run this same .ck file using Webchuck, I get the
following error message:
chucknode.js:189 [osc-eibhlin.ck]:line(38): undefined type 'OscOut'...

Does Webchuck feature OSC messages yet?

Thanks
Micheal