[chuck-users] smoothing and scaling RMS data

Andrew Telichan Phillips a.telichanphillips at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:38:08 EST 2020

Hello,

I'm wanting to capture the amplitude envelope from a live source and
generate feedback loops... I'm starting by obtaining RMS values, as per the
examples on the home site:
https://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/examples/analysis/features/rms.ck

First, does anyone have a preferred way of filtering the data that
effectively captures transients and smoothes the decay?

Second, is there a way to scale the range of this smoothed data - that is,
map it onto a defined range to use as a parametric control for another UGen?

While I'm at it, does ChucK have a filter for DC leak?

I'm new to ChucK and am used to work, so I appreciate any help (and
patience).