[chuck-users] smoothing and scaling RMS data

Mario Buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 19:29:06 EST 2020

Hi Andrew,

It seems to me you need an envelope follower.
You can find more info about a possible implementation here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/publications/rdreport_1983_17

It's about dynamic range control (compressor, expander, limiter, gate), and
all of them use an envelope follower.
In alternative, you could start from here as well:
https://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc/examples/deep/follower.ck

Cheers,
Mario