[chuck-users] Multi-channel weirdness (mike clew)

mike clemow michaelclemow at gmail.com
Thu May 14 12:46:01 EDT 2020

Hey Perry,

Thanks for the reply! I figured it out late last night and it's
embarrassing: I wasn't adding the file to the running vm with

$ chuck + my_file.ck

but rather executing

$ chuck my_file.ck

which, of course, asked the dac to change to the default sample rate of
44.1k and also the default number of channels (2) so... it wasn't my
incantation or setup at all but the way in which I was running the file.
[facepalm] That's why it worked in miniAudicle but not command line chuck.

It wasn't until I had tried it with JACK as the interface and JACK crashed
complaining that the sample rate changed that I noticed! JACK is picky
about that and became an unwitting debugging tool, haha.

Very best,
Mike

--
Michael Clemow