[chuck-users] building miniAudicla on debian "cannot find -lqscintilla2"

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Apr 12 23:54:49 EDT 2021

There appears to be no single source of truth or build instructions
for the miniAudicle on Linux since "Gidora" (1.3.5.2). I see open
issues on the GitHub repo (https://github.com/ccrma/miniAudicle) and
even a pull request, but it does not appear to me that the miniAudicle
is being maintained. Is it still active? Is the GitHub repo even the
single source of truth for the code? Google is yielding nothing.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 6:39 AM Atte <atte at youmail.dk> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to build miniAudicle under debian but the build fails like this:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqscintilla2
> make[1]: *** [makefile.qt-alsa:270: miniAudicle] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/data/atte/medium/software/chuck/miniAudicle-1.3.5.2/src'
> make: [makefile:38: linux-alsa] Error 2 (ignored)
>
> If I try to install libqscintilla2-dev I get this:
>
> atte at pandrup:~/software/chuck/miniAudicle-1.3.5.2/src$ sudo apt-get install libqscintilla2-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Note, selecting 'libqscintilla2-qt4-dev' instead of 'libqscintilla2-dev'
> libqscintilla2-qt4-dev is already the newest version (2.10.4+dfsg-2.1).
>
> Any pointers appreciated.
>
> --
> Atte
> http://latestyoutube.a773.dk | http://a773.dk

Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi

Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!