[chuck-users] New chugin that warps audio like Ableton Live

David Braun braun at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue May 18 19:53:32 EDT 2021

I created a chugin that warps and transposes audio like Ableton Live does
with clips. It actually parses Ableton ".asd" files in a kind of
hilariously hacky way.

https://github.com/ccrma/chugins/pull/51

Control parameters:

   - .read - ( string , WRITE only ) - loads file for reading
   - .playhead - ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get playhead position in
   quarter notes relative to 1.1.1
   - .loop - ( int , READ/WRITE ) - toggle looping
   - .play - ( int , READ/WRITE ) - toggle playing
   - .bpm - ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get BPM rate ( Audio files without
   Ableton warp files are assumed to be 120 BPM )
   - .transpose - ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get pitch transpose in
   semitones
   - .startMarker ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get start marker of the clip
   - .endMarker ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get end marker of the clip
   - .loopStart ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get loop start marker of the
   clip
   - .loopEnd ( float , READ/WRITE ) - set/get loop end marker of the clip
   - .reset ( float , WRITE ) - reset the internal process buffer of the
   Rubberband stretcher

It's working well in my tests on Windows, so please give it a try,
especially if you're on macOS which I haven't been able to test.

Cheers,

David