[chuck] version 1.1.4.4 released

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Aug 6 07:07:32 EDT 2004

Hi smoerk,

On Aug 6, 2004, at 6:05 AM, smoerk wrote:

> I would prefer a native port, which could be compiled with mingw.
> Moving from a free compiler to closed-source Visual-C++ (IMHO). I will
> not install a unlicensed copy of Visual-C++ (or is Visual C++
> available for free now?)

We are not so much "moving" to Visual C++ under Windows , but rather
also supporting it, in addition to gcc/cygwin.  mingw is a good idea,
we will look into it.  In the meantime,  let's figure out (either by
direct email or the developer list) the best way to get chuck running
on windows (cygwin/mingw/vc++ maybe) for you and others.

Also, we now have a bug/feature tracking system hosted on sourceforge.
(the development/CVS/mailing/distribution/homepage will remain at
Princeton).  You may submit bugs/feature requests at:

     http://chuck.sf.net/

Of course, still feel free to email us or post to chuck-dev/chuck for
bugs/features/support.

ThanK you!

Best,
Ge!