[chuck] features and stupid ideas
smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Aug 6 08:48:46 EDT 2004
okay, i'm writing down some raw ideas, not well thought-out:
- some way to control chuck from an external program. could be OSC or
- would it be possible to port Pd (puredata) externals to chuck? i had
this idea, because someone ported Supercollider ugens to Pd recently.
(Same question for Supercollider ugens or Csound opcodes).
- streaming of raw audio over the network? (like jack.udp). problem: how
to keep two chuck instances in sync, if they are running on different
- streaming of lossly compressed audio (ogg/vorbis, musepack or mp3).
like pdogg~ for Pd. problem: latency off ogg container (raw vorbis could
- chuck library that could be embedded in other applications. maybe
similar to ecasound.
- don't invent funny names for ugens. Pd's objects for example don't
have the most intuitive names, Csound is worse. Supercollider and Open
Sound World do it right (IMHO).
I guess this are not the most important features to work on. :-) Maybe I
will have other suggestions later...
More information about the chuck