[chuck] feature request 2

Niklas Werner bergtroll at gmx.li
Sat Aug 7 08:01:18 EDT 2004

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:57, smoerk wrote:

> then lets ask the question: who is running chuck on linux on a non-x86
> platform?
me.
> There are much more people working on windows and OSX than on Linux
> (yes, there are PPC VST plugins).
oooooh, yes. so? Doesn't mean there's a way to run them under Linux. At
least not one I'm aware of, but I gladly accept pointers...
> I have nothing against LADSPA support and i guess it's much simpler to
> add LADSPA support on Linux than VST on Windows or OSX. LADSPA is a
> very simple interface.
>
> Question of importance is the question of which plugins you want to
> use. If you want to use commercial stuff, there is no way around VST
> (or Audio Units), until we have GMPI in a few years.
I absolutely agree. Just wanted to mention that maybe both VST and Ladspa
should be the way to go, as that leaves everybody with at least one
Plugin interface.

Cheers,

Niklas
--