[chuck] ChucK wins open source software competition

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 27 03:46:13 EDT 2004

Dear All,

We are happy to announce that ChucK was recently
selected as one of two winners in the ACM Multimedia
2004 open source software competition.  Our co-winner
is FLAVOR, an audio/visual object description language
(quite different from a synthesis language, this is used
for audio/video encoding and representation).

In the past few weeks, we have been preparing the write-up
to be presented at the conference in New York (October),
full-time implementation is now resumed.  A new release
is coming with several new features (such as arrays), and
GLucK graphics API will be released in the next month as
well.

ThanKs to all (72 right now on chuck list) for being part of
this ChucK community, including all who have contributed
code/bug fixes/questions/answers/ideas and those who
are brave to try using ChucK so far!  This award is truly for
everyone here.

=> Let's keep ChucKing!

Best,
Perry and Ge!