[chuck] Langage syntax

Mikael Johansson mikael at johanssons.org
Tue Oct 5 09:41:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Philip Davidson wrote:
> Laurent,
>
> We maintain the ChucK Documentation at
> http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/doc.  The Tutorial and 'Programmer's
> Guide'
> should have what you are looking for.  On the "ugen" page, clicking on
>   an instrument name will take you to a more extensive description.
>
> This documentation most accurately reflects the current state of the
> language.
> Be aware that Chuck is in a development phase, many features will arise
> in the coming weeks.
>
> As a general rule, 'freq' arguments take an argument in Hz.  Amplitude
> is
> general expressed as a linear multiplier ( 0.0 - 1.0 ).  There are
> functions in
> the standard library to convert rms, db, pow, etc.

This would haev been nice to see in the documentation as well -- I've been
on and off in more or less the same quandary as Laurent seems to be, not
quite understanding the exact syntax, not quite grasping why my code won't
run when the example code will, not quite seeing what can be done with the
various tools available...

For the emacs mode, I dug out reserved words from the yacc definitions in
the source tarball; but I'd much rather not need to really read all of the
code before I understand what a good choice for different thingumajigs
would be.

Enough whining for now. =P

--
Mikael Johansson                  To see the world in a grain of sand
mikael at johanssons.org              And heaven in a wild flower