[chuck] Classic scales and note frequencies

Mikael Johansson mikael at johanssons.org
Sun Oct 24 17:47:28 EDT 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Ge Wang wrote:
> > Just as a little benefit to everyone out there (and mainly because I
> > myself grew annoyed), I looked up the frequencies for a welltempered
> > scale, hacked out the ChucK commands assigning those frequencies to
> > names
> > I could cope with, looked up a list of MANY canonical scales, hacked
> > that
> > to a format I liked, and produced a small example ChucK script that
> > will
> > play a mandolin tune in any "cultural" melodic context you want. =)
>
> Mand-o-licious.  (Thank you!)
>
> > By the way. I WANT arrays. This'd be SO much easier with arrays!
>
> Yes, you are totally right.  Sorry for delay.  They are being
> implemented,
> along with a good amount of other things.  After ICMC (early November),
> we go back in full implementation mode - finishing arrays will be first
> priority.

Once arrays are in place, playing in any specific scale as well as
switching between them will be deliciously easy... =P

> Best,
> Ge!

Mikael Johansson                  To see the world in a grain of sand
mikael at johanssons.org              And heaven in a wild flower
http://www.mikael.johanssons.org  To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
http://blog.mikael.johanssons.org   And eternity for an hour