[chuck] Scoping and wishlists

Eric Gilbert eric at gilbertduo.org
Tue Oct 26 09:33:14 EDT 2004

On Oct 26, 2004, at 5:38 AM, Mikael Johansson wrote:
> Another thing - I've been on about this before a little... As of now,
> the
> biggest restraint I find is that I have NO idea of the finer details of
> the language. At all. Can I manipulate strings? Can I concatenate
> strings?
> Is there any way to give output without getting a newline
> automagically?
> What do all the operators that I've seen in the lex/yacc files _DO_?

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, I'm new to ChucK.  Is
there documentation of any kind for the language besides the lex/yacc
files and the short tutorial?  I've been wondering if all the control
structures from C++ are there, e.g., switch statements, break, etc.
Also, is there anyway to access the underlying OS, as in Perl?  For
that matter, a Perl module that can control ChucK, but can also give
you a robust language might be pretty neat.

Thanks for the great work,
Eric