[chuck] no sound from sndbuf?

Philip Davidson philipd at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Sep 2 20:17:28 EDT 2004

if default were 1.0, it would automatically start to play the moment
that .read finishes, which isn't always what we want.

--now--

sndbuf buf => dac;
"snare.wav" => buf.read;
1.0 => buf.rate;

while( true )
{
     0 => buf.pos;
     100::ms => now;
}

-----

what we need is  .play, and .stop   which set/unset a flag,
independent of playback speed.  i'll add those tonight,
and then a default of 1.0 is proper.

--soon--
sndbuf buf => dac;
"snare.wav" => buf.read;