[chuck] Some chuck questions.

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Sep 20 09:48:38 EDT 2004

Hi Jim!

Welcome to the list!

> There are a number of instruments described in the docs that I
> would like to play with, but that don't appear to be implemented
> yet (at least, not in the windows version).  These include ModalBar,
> Sitar & StifKarp.

They are in not the current release, but have since been ported!
(Thanks much to Phil Davidson)  We are actually putting a release
together today that includes these new instruments from STK:

BandedWG
Blowhole
BlowBotl
Bowed
Brass
Clarinet
Flute
ModalBar
Saxofony
Sitar
StifKarp

> A search of the examples shows no square brackets.  From this can I
> assume there are no arrays?  Are arrays coming?  If not, is there a
> paradigmic ChucKish way of accomplishing this?

You are correct, currently there are no arrays ChucK.  But there most
definitely will be.  We are currently implementing arrays, as well as
objects and synchronous and asynchronous events.  These are going
be in the next major release later this month.

Welcome, once again!   Happy ChucKing!

Best,
Ge!