[chuck] wish list

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 21 23:39:17 EDT 2004

Hi All!

 > I was wondering if maybe we could start a short discussion
 > on a wishlist for chucK. Maybe some public comments, etc.

Good idea.  Here is what we have so far...

ChucK wish list

next major release: in progress
---
arrays
objects
events
proper casting
global value map
shred-local adc/dac
cross-chucking
multiple arguments to ugens
stereo/multi-channel

(and a few minor releases later)
---
OSC
MIDI (done less horrendously)
network
better sndbuf
(many) input devices

(potential) parallel efforts
---
GLucK (OpenGL for ChucK) this is almost ready for release
Phil have been working on this.

TrucK: ChucK to C/C++ translator (for embedded platforms, and for
non-on-the-fly native compilation)
Paul Botelho and I talked about this last night.  (I just now made up
the name)

MucK: okay, this is going further into la-la land.  MATLAB / ChucK
extension.
Diemo Schwarz and I had once envisioned this renegade concept of doing
analysis in MATLAB and (somehow) using ChucK from within MATLAB to
quickly
(and concurrently) playback/synthesize/audisize on-the-spot.  I wonder
if anyone
still wishes for this.

SucK: we need a really bad idea to go with this.

And of course, the Audicle.  http://audicle.cs.princeton.edu/

---
post ideas and comments here.
you can also add requests at http://chuck.sf.net